Goodyear Drywall Repair
We Repair All Types of Drywall Damage
As most homeowners come to find out, drywall isn’t the toughest construction material around. It is susceptible to nicks, scratches, and holes that result from everyday activities. The good news is many forms of drywall damage can be repaired. Sun Devil Handyman is available to patch up drywall blemishes and perform the necessary repairs to restore any wall to its former glory.
Call (602) 610-0152 or send us a message online for quality drywall repair in Goodyear.
Whether it’s small nicks or gaping holes, minor drywall damage can be repaired quickly and affordably, as long as the structural integrity of the panel isn’t compromised.
Several forms of drywall damage are repairable, including:
- Minor scratches and dings – Whether a wall has nail holes, dents from doorknobs, or scuffs from furniture, minor damage can often be repaired with the help of a skilled professional.
- Small or medium size holes – Drywall repair is often a great way to fix walls that have been punctured by doorknobs, furniture bumps, or kids and their toys. Smaller holes can typically be patched with some joint tape and drywall compound. In the case of medium or large-sized holes, the damaged portion usually needs to be cut out, and a new piece of drywall inserted.
- Localized water damage – Pipe leaks can cause significant drywall damage. If, however, the water damage is an isolated section of the drywall panel, it can likely be fixed. One option is to remove the panel and allow it to dry out before re-hanging it. Another way to fix the issue is to cut out the damaged section and replace it with a new piece of drywall cut to fit the space.
Do I Have to Replace Drywall After a Leak?
It’s always an unfortunate circumstance to experience water damage in a home. When drywall has been damaged by a leak, the question is can it be repaired, or does it need to be replaced. While drywall can withstand small amounts of water, excessive exposure can cause stains and rotting, weaken the structural integrity of the drywall, and lead to mold growth. When drywall has absorbed a substantial amount of water or experienced mold growth, it will probably need to be replaced, unless the damage has been contained to a small portion of the panel.
“This is what honest work, fair pricing, and complete customer satisfaction look like. Their extensive experience, attention to detail, and concern for my total satisfaction were top-notch. I plan to use their service for all of my home maintenance needs.” Rick H.
“Chris has a broad range of craftsmanship and practical skills, arrives on time, and focuses on doing the very best job. I have since asked him to do several more jobs at my home and will continue to use him. He is truly the best!” Jackie R.
“We had a lot of changes planned for our redecorating project. Chris went through everything with us. When I say he painted, it was 8 rooms, ceilings, walls and baseboards, 3 different paint colors! Thank you Chris for making our house beautiful!” Mary M.
Drywall cracks are not merely unsightly, but they can be signs of much larger issues going on in a house. The cracks could be due to something as minor as seasonal changes in temperature and humidity or something severe as framing deterioration or foundation settlement. While cracks in walls are generally nothing to worry about, they could be cause for serious concern.
When determining the severity of drywall cracks, consider the following:
- Vertical and horizontal cracks are typically caused by drying and shrinking, which is considered a normal part of post-construction
- Cracks that are jagged, shaped like stair steps, or at a 45-degree angle usually indicate structural movement and settling
- Wider cracks generally signify more serious issues than thinner ones; cracks less than 1/8-inch are usually nothing to worry about, while cracks 1/4-inch or larger are often serious
- Cracks running along the joints where the walls meet the ceilings of the uppermost floor of the house could indicate serious truss issues, but small cracks over windows or doors are usually harmless
- If the drywall around the crack is damp, there may be a water infiltration issue, which should always be dealt with right away
Repairing drywall cracks is an important component of improving the appearance of a house. However, unless the underlying issues are identified and addressed before the drywall repairs take place, the cracks will typically come back after a short time.
Sun Devil Handyman is the company to turn to for drywall repair in Goodyear. Call (602) 610-0152 today to schedule a free estimate!
Five Star Customer Service
Family-Owned & Operated
Licensed, Bonded & Insured
25 Years of Experience