Goodyear Ceiling Fan Services
Ceiling Fan Installation & Repair Experts
Ceiling fans are a convenient and energy-efficient way of keeping a home cool, whether used exclusively or in combination with an air conditioning system. They can also be used in the winter in reverse to help bring the warm air back down into the lower half of the room. At Sun Devil Handyman, we know all about fans and have many years of experience installing and replacing all types and brands.
Whether it’s time for a new fan, call (602) 610-0152 for ceiling fan services in Goodyear.
Regardless of how beneficial ceiling fans are, they are bound to experience problems just like any other mechanical system. When these issues arise, contacting a professional immediately for repairs can resolve the predicament and prevent further damage from occurring.
Common ceiling fan issues and their causes include:
- Flickering lights – Ceiling fans with flickering lights could simply have a bad bulb that needs to be replaced. However, sometimes a flickering light is due to a loose connection within the fixture or a poor connection between the switch and the fixture.
- Noisy operation – A fan should be expected to make some noise when it operates. Loud, unusual noises, however, are an obvious sign of a problem. Common causes include a loose connection in the fan or faulty ball bearings. Ball bearings are what allow the fan to rotate, and they need to be cleaned and lubricated to avoid grinding sounds from too much resistance.
- Fan doesn’t turn on – When a fan has stopped working and isn’t turning on at all, it could be because it has lost connection to electricity. This could be caused by a tripped breaker or an issue with the fan’s wiring and connections. A fan might also stop working due to worn-out ball bearings or an overheated motor.
- Wobbly ceiling fan – If a ceiling fan looks like it might fall to the floor at any moment, it could be that the fan was installed incorrectly. Alternatively, the fan could have one or more damaged blades. The issue could also be caused by a loose connection in the blade brackets, down rod, box screws, or a variety of other connected parts.
- Stuck on one speed – When a ceiling fan can’t change speeds, it’s often due to dirty or non-lubricated ball bearings. Other causes include a failing capacitator or an overheating motor.
“This is what honest work, fair pricing, and complete customer satisfaction look like. Their extensive experience, attention to detail, and concern for my total satisfaction were top-notch. I plan to use their service for all of my home maintenance needs.” Rick H.
“Chris has a broad range of craftsmanship and practical skills, arrives on time, and focuses on doing the very best job. I have since asked him to do several more jobs at my home and will continue to use him. He is truly the best!” Jackie R.
“We had a lot of changes planned for our redecorating project. Chris went through everything with us. When I say he painted, it was 8 rooms, ceilings, walls and baseboards, 3 different paint colors! Thank you Chris for making our house beautiful!” Mary M.
Although it’s frustrating to deal with a malfunctioning ceiling fan, the good news is that many issues can be fixed quickly and affordably. Ceiling fan repair can be a cost-effective way to restore comfort to a home without replacing the whole fan. The best way to determine if a fan can be replaced is to have our professionals take a look at it. Once we diagnose the problem, we can advise on the right path forward.
When to Replace a Ceiling Fan
Some ceiling fan problems either can’t be fixed or just aren’t worth the time and hassle to repair. In such situations, it’s better to replace the fan with a new model.
Ceiling fan replacement is often the best course of action when:
- The motor is humming but the blades aren’t turning
- The fan’s noise is too distracting
- The fan has one or more broken fan blades
- The fan will need to be replaced soon because it’s old
- The homeowner desires enhanced comfort and room appearance
The experienced team at Sun Devil Handyman excels at helping homeowners weigh the pros and cons of fan replacement. We walk our customers through the best options for their needs and budget and ensure the unit is installed correctly for optimal performance.
Call Sun Devil Handyman at (602) 610-0152 for reliable ceiling fan services in Goodyear!
Five Star Customer Service
Family-Owned & Operated
Licensed, Bonded & Insured
25 Years of Experience